Are you warm and fuzzy yet?
THESE QUOTES ARE 100% GENUINE, WE DON’T NEED A MARKETEER TO PAINT YOU A PRETTY PICTURE! Our dynamic studio is located in Camperdown, Sydney. We house a full-service animation space, stereoscopic facilities, editing suites, art and design, story, animation, look development and experienced production departments.
We're always looking for the next generation of award-winning talent to join us, so please check out our current vacancies BELOW.
CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Flying Bark Productions is looking for Sydney based artists during June/ July to work on some short contracts. If you fit the job brief/s below please CLICK the apply now button below to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Art Director - Children's Animated TV Series
We're currently looking for an experienced Art Director to work on an exciting 3D animated kids TV series kicking off early 2018. In this role you’ll work closely with the show’s Director to define the look of the film and apply that to the series’ art and animation. Your stunning art work will drive the intent across character, environment, props, textures, mood, lighting, and story concepts.
- A minimum of 2 years working as an Art Director for an animated series or feature film (ideally Children’s animation);
- High professional standard of traditional arts based skills including illustration ;
- Excellent understanding of relationship between art department and CG assets production in a Maya (software) production based environment
- Excellent experience and understanding of the use of Photoshop in an animation production environment;
- Passion for visuals that enhance narrative and storytelling
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to lead a team of overseas CG artists
- Ability to lead a team of artists and mentor junior crew
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to share information in a team environment
- Flexibility and ability to be responsive to change
To be successful your skillset would include -
Flying Bark Productions is internationally recognised as Australia’s leading producer of quality children’s animated entertainment, known for its premium quality film and television properties ranging from pre-school to young adult. We employ Australia’s top talents in animation, the visual arts, screen writing and composing to produce a diverse and enchanted range of feature films, television programs and new media products.
- Proven experience as an Editor for a feature film or television series;
- Solid experience using Avid Media Composer 5.5 and 6.0;
- Experience in animation editing for film or series a bonus;
- Ability to work and contribute in a collaborative and creative team environment;
- Passion for great storytelling.
If this sounds like something you could sink your fangs into then please visit www.flyingbark.com/joinus and help us create magic!
We are currently looking for a Film Editor and Television Series Editor for two brand new projects! As Editor you will shape the narrative and visual structure of the Film. Working closely with the story team, you will use storyboard, dialogue and music to convey emotional, dramatic and comedic storytelling that enhance the Director's creative vision for the project.,/p>
To be successful your skillset would include -
Flying Bark Productions Sydney is currently seeking a team of talented Storyboard Artists to work on our feature films and TV series!We are looking to recruit Storyboard Artists immediately, and over the coming months as we have a number of productions in the wings. To be successful you will a proven track record in CG feature film or TV series production. You will not only function as a conventional storyboard artist but also contribute collaboratively to both story and sequence development with the director, translating their vision through your boards.
- Creation, completion and delivery of storyboards for the Film/s in accordance with the Production Company’s direction;
- Participation in the story development, concept and brainstorming meetings for the Film/s as required by the Production Company;
- Contribution, sharing of ideas, collaboration and open communication with all members of the team;
- Ensure that all artwork meets the technical and creative requirements of the Film/s as directed by the Production Company;
- Adhere to the publishing and filing process required by the Production Company to ensure clear, concise and methodical archiving of reference, material and all files;
- Be able to draw boards, sketch out thumbnails and panels for feedback and reviews;
- Work closely with the Production team/s to develop schedules and standards for the storyboarding teams when required;
- Convey the essence of story line, scene structure, character emotion and create action and humour in alignment with the overall direction of the Program/s;
- Solve story and structure problems and punch up scenes;
- Develop character personality and dramatic/comedic action;
- Work with Director/s to define staging, pacing and camera action;
- Incorporate Director/s notes;
- Create quick thumbnail sketches through to finished detailed storyboard panels as required;
- Maintain strong communication with all team members;
- Flag any issues that may impact the successful, on time and on budget, delivery of storyboards as soon as any concerns become apparent;
- Ensure continuity and consistency across the storyboards including with respect to size of assets, locations of characters and camera;
- Help with the casting of sequences as required.
Key skills for this role include:
High professional standard of traditional arts-based skills including illustration;
Excellent time management skills and an ability to work to deadlines;
Ability to express, through drawing, action and its relation to the script;
Desire and willingness to mentor junior staff;
Comprehensive knowledge of cinematography and scene structuring;
Superior eye for composition, staging and detail.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
Production Coordinators and Production Managers wanted!
We are currently seeking production crew to join the team in various projects across all disciplines of CG Animation Production such as Edit, Story, Assets, Layout, Animation, FX, Lighting & Comp. Considered applications will have:
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and willingness to share information in a team environment;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Extensive experience with the use of production tracking softwares;
- Flexibility and ability to be responsive to change;
- Ability to flag issues that may impact on the successful delivery of Program/s;
- Ability to deal with and resolve conflict with a capacity for suggesting well-reasoned solutions within an atmosphere of passionate and creative personalities;
- Solid understanding and experience of animation in a production based environment.
Line Producer – Job Description
Flying Bark Productions is crewing up for a number of feature film and television series productions in 2018, and we are seeking Animation Line Producers to join our team!
- Managing the day to day operations of the entire production crew according to the production schedule and budget;
- Independently determining staffing needs, booking studios, accurately forecasting production requirements and organising workflow with external service/animation providers;
- Liaising with co-production partners on a day to day basis, to monitor and supervise work flow of the production elements being produced by the partners
- Ensuring that all production engagement contracts and service agreements are drafted and executed in accordance with company policies
- Recording and managing all expenditure on the project, submitting weekly cost reports for review and approval
- Ensuring all copyright clearances provided by the Legal and Business Affairs department for all creative elements are completed;
- Ensuring that all approvals for each stage of production are undertaken and recorded, paying particular attention to key stakeholders;
- Taking on production responsibilities when needed, such as, but not limited to department scheduling, taking meeting notes and managing the daily tasks for the Director;
- 5+ years in a producing or production management role for animated television series, feature film or equivalent;
- Experience with all parts of the animation production pipeline, from story department to final delivery;
- Superior personnel management and team building skills, particularly the ability to diffuse conflict, provide solutions, and cultivate a fun and productive working environment;
- Expert organisational and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential material;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well in a high-pressured production environment.
The Line Producer will work closely with the Producer, Director, Creative Supervisors and production team; managing the day to day running of the production, and is responsible for delivering their project on schedule and within budget.
The ideal candidate will have:
What do I need to apply?
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your CV, Showreel and identify your area of expertise in the email Header. If your Showreel contains work where you’ve collaborated with other artists please note where you were directly responsible.
Will I get a response from my application?
Due to the large amount of applications we receive we will only contact you if we are progressing your application.
Will you keep my details handy?
Yes we keep track of applications and hopefully we can contact you again if there’s a role better suited to your experience.
Do you hire international artists?
From time to time we do however our preference is to support to local talent where possible. Often visa processing can take up to 2 months and the conditions around employing skilled overseas labour are quite strict, this can hinder our resourcing efforts.
Do you hire Interns?
Yes however we prefer only local students and we’re only able to offer Internships when the studio is not full tilt and we can ensure the best learning outcomes for our Interns.