Are you warm and fuzzy yet?
THESE QUOTES ARE 100% GENUINE, WE DON’T NEED A MARKETEER TO PAINT YOU A PRETTY PICTURE! Our dynamic studio is located in Camperdown, Sydney. We house a full-service animation space, stereoscopic facilities, editing suites, art and design, story, animation, look development and experienced production departments.
We're always looking for the next generation of award-winning talent to join us, so please check out our current vacancies BELOW.
CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Flying Bark Productions is looking for Sydney based artists during June/ July to work on some short contracts. If you fit the job brief/s below please CLICK the apply now button below to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Production Coordinators and Production Managers wanted!
We are currently seeking production crew to join the team in various projects across all disciplines of CG Animation Production such as Edit, Story, Assets, Layout, Animation, FX, Lighting & Comp. Considered applications will have:
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and willingness to share information in a team environment;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Extensive experience with the use of production tracking softwares;
- Flexibility and ability to be responsive to change;
- Ability to flag issues that may impact on the successful delivery of Program/s;
- Ability to deal with and resolve conflict with a capacity for suggesting well-reasoned solutions within an atmosphere of passionate and creative personalities;
- Solid understanding and experience of animation in a production based environment.
Pipeline TD – Mid level
Collaborates with the Pipeline team to design, implement and create tools and systems and sustain continued pipeline support to the different teams throughout production.
- Development of tools, procedures and interfaces to optimise the internal Flying Bark pipeline.
- Ensure company and pipeline conventions and processes are followed throughout productions.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of studio wide pipeline solutions.
- Provide consistent technical support to different Flying Bark departments.
- Continually supply information to the Pipeline Supervisor, IT and production teams to facilitate communication and expectations in both directions.
- Assist with training and documentation of department tools and pipeline procedures.
- 3+ years of experience in a production environment. Animated Feature Films is a must, TV Series and VFX a bonus.
- Knowledge of Shotgun software is required.
- Python and/or API/programming experience a must.
- Understanding structures of Asset Management Systems.
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house production tools.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to the Production team in a clear manner.
- Must work well in a team, with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Highly desirable skills
- VFX production experience.
- Shotgun & Shotgun Toolkit API.
- Toom Boom Harmony API.
- Autodesk Maya C++ API.
- Nuke API.
- Familiar with Cloud systems and APIs, ie. Boto
Line Producer – Job Description
Flying Bark Productions is crewing up for a number of feature film and television series productions in 2018, and we are seeking Animation Line Producers to join our team!
- Managing the day to day operations of the entire production crew according to the production schedule and budget;
- Independently determining staffing needs, booking studios, accurately forecasting production requirements and organising workflow with external service/animation providers;
- Liaising with co-production partners on a day to day basis, to monitor and supervise work flow of the production elements being produced by the partners
- Ensuring that all production engagement contracts and service agreements are drafted and executed in accordance with company policies
- Recording and managing all expenditure on the project, submitting weekly cost reports for review and approval
- Ensuring all copyright clearances provided by the Legal and Business Affairs department for all creative elements are completed;
- Ensuring that all approvals for each stage of production are undertaken and recorded, paying particular attention to key stakeholders;
- Taking on production responsibilities when needed, such as, but not limited to department scheduling, taking meeting notes and managing the daily tasks for the Director;
- 5+ years in a producing or production management role for animated television series, feature film or equivalent;
- Experience with all parts of the animation production pipeline, from story department to final delivery;
- Superior personnel management and team building skills, particularly the ability to diffuse conflict, provide solutions, and cultivate a fun and productive working environment;
- Expert organisational and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential material;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well in a high-pressured production environment.
The Line Producer will work closely with the Producer, Director, Creative Supervisors and production team; managing the day to day running of the production, and is responsible for delivering their project on schedule and within budget.
The ideal candidate will have:
What do I need to apply?
Send us an email to email@example.com and attach your CV, Showreel and identify your area of expertise in the email Header. If your Showreel contains work where you’ve collaborated with other artists please note where you were directly responsible.
Will I get a response from my application?
Due to the large amount of applications we receive we will only contact you if we are progressing your application.
Will you keep my details handy?
Yes we keep track of applications and hopefully we can contact you again if there’s a role better suited to your experience.
Do you hire international artists?
From time to time we do however our preference is to support to local talent where possible. Often visa processing can take up to 2 months and the conditions around employing skilled overseas labour are quite strict, this can hinder our resourcing efforts.
Do you hire Interns?
Yes however we prefer only local students and we’re only able to offer Internships when the studio is not full tilt and we can ensure the best learning outcomes for our Interns.